March Favourites

Monday 24 March 2014 ·


Unusually for me I've been trying a lot of new products this month and the majority of them I've really liked so I thought I'd pop them all in a post so I can share them with all of you. Just a little word of warning, there seems to be a theme of exfoliators running throughout my current favourites. Maybe it's because of the ever encroaching warm weather and I'm starting to panic about getting that lovely glowing skin that we all lust after when we dig our shorts and summer dresses out of the back of the wardrobe! Anyway let's just jump right in...




First of all I'll start with the one and only beauty product that has really stood out for me this month and that's the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Lips in Sirius. I'm a sucker for lip products, especially those that are easy to apply and pack a punch in the colour department and this ticks all the boxes. I also love the packaging it's nice a sleek, not too chubby like some of the other lip pencils on the market. Another trip to Boots might be on the cards in the not so distant future...at only £4.99 it would be rude not to right?


Now on to the many exfoliators that I've been reaching for again and again this month! My most used has been the Soap & Glory Greatest Scrub of All. This has been in the back of my bathroom cabinet for months, I'm not too sure why I never tried it before but this month I ran out of my usual St Ives exfoliator so this came to the rescue! It's not quite as abrasive as the St Ives one so I tend to use this about 3/4 times a week (my skins been so dry this month so it's been very necessary). It takes a little more time to work in to the skin but I think the results are just lovely. It doesn't leave your skin feeling tight and provides a lovely glow. I think this will be a face exfoliator I reach for time and time again! At only £6 this is very much at the budget end of the skincare market but you'd never know it!

To carry on the theme of face exfoliators, next up is the Superdrug Raspberry exfoliating mask. This smells divine, raspberries are my favourite fruit during the summer months so this is just heavenly for me. There's nothing I love more at the moment than relaxing in the bath with a Lush bath bomb and using this face mask. This is a little more abrasive than the Soap & Glory scrub so I only use this once a week at the most but the two in combination seem to be working wonders for my skin albeit slowly - I blame it on the constantly changing weather! I can't seem to find this on the website now but the superfruits exfoliating mask looks very similar. At only 99p for a single use sachet this is the perfect mask for a pamper night with your girlfriends!


Last but not least in the exfoliator category is the FCUK signature body scrub. Once again this has been in the back of my cupboard for goodness knows how long and has since seen a change in packaging - I have to say I much prefer the new packaging, it looks so much more luxurious! This lovely scrub contains almond and olive oils in addition to shea butter so leaves your skin beautifully soft. If there's one thing I hate in a body scrub its the type that leave an oily residue on your skin when you get out of the shower so the creamy formula of this one is perfect for me. This is currently on sale on the French Connection site for only £2.05 so head over there and grab a bargain!


My final skincare product is the Skin Perfection by L'Oreal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water 200ml (RRP £7.75). I picked this up after I'd seen numerous bloggers raving about it and claiming it was a dupe for the infamous Bioderma which I have been wanting to try out for months. Now I have to admit I've only been using this for a couple of weeks but this is most definitely a holy grail product for me. Like most girls the one thing I hate is taking off my eye make up but this product makes it an absolute dream!


Now, moving on to hair care products. My hair is very fine and tends to get unbelievably knotty in the time it takes to get out of the shower, pull on my PJ's and take the towel off my hair - I only wish I knew why, does anyone else have this problem? For this reason, I have constantly been on the hunt for a good detangled and have finally found one in Aussie's Luscious Long Leave-in Conditioner. At first I wasn't impressed this at all but then I discovered that if you leave it sitting on your hair for between 30 seconds and a minute after spraying it on then your brush will glide through like a knife through hot butter!


My obsession with Lush is something that has become ever pervasive in my life over the last year or so (peaking in the HUGE order I made in the christmas sales last year)! There's nothing I love more than relaxing in the bath with a Lush bath bomb or bubble bar but I think I may have found my new favourite Lush product - R&B Hair Moisturiser. I smooth through a small pea sized blob through towel dried hair after I've brushed it out. This is a particularly great product to use on a night when I don't want to blow-dry my hair - I wake up in the morning with beautifully glossy hair without all the effort!


Something a little more random now, Kanini, my adorable little bunny that Matthew got my from Italy when he was away skiing a couple of weeks ago. I'm a sucker for cute teddies and this is by far the cutest I have. No doubt you'll see him cropping up in many posts from this point on!

Lastly I just wanted to add in my 'human favourite' which is an idea that I stole from Missglamorazzi (if you haven't checked out her YouTube channel then make sure to head over there once you've finished here, she's amazing).

So my YouTuber favourite this month is Nikki Phillippi. I've been watching her videos for about a year now and enjoy them more and more every time I watch them. She's so sweet and does such a so many different types of videos - there's pretty much something for everyone.

Let me know in the comments section down below if there's anything you've been loving this past month. For more information about any of my latest favs head over to my Luvocracy page!

No comments:

Post a Comment