The Holy Grail of Base Coats

Saturday 1 February 2014 ·


I’m known for having a minor obsession with nail varnish…I simply cannot have enough. Painting my nails makes my outfit feel complete and without it, quite frankly, I feel naked. Having said this, there is nothing I loathe more than chipped nail varnish – it drives me crazy! I’m one of those people if my nails start to chip when I’m out I’ll do everything I can to get the rest of the varnish off. For this reason, I have been on the hunt for that Holy Grail base coat – it’s all very well buying beautiful colours but that seems pointless if they chip within a day! I've tried everything out there, or at least so I thought until recently.

I saw the ORLY Bonder Base Coat By Orly (18Ml) recommended online and ordered it straight away - at £8.30 it's more than I would usually want to spend but it is definitely worth it. Surprise surprise the day it was delivered I couldn't wait until I got home to try it so instead spent my lunch break painting my nails!

I've seen a few bloggers complaining about the size of the brush but I have to say that I really like it. I agree that it is very narrow for  a nail polish brush and this is typically a huge no no to me but with this one it just works. It glides on effortlessly, the brush holds a lot of product so you don't have to dip it back in the bottle for every nail. It dries SUPER fast which is important with me as I tend to be a little impatient...



I've been wearing the polish for 5 days now and usually by day 2/3 my nails would be horrendously chipped and I'd have to start all over again but not this time. So far, I have one tiny (and I mean tiny) chip but that's it! 



So far I've only used it with pastel shades (trying to get into that Spring feeling) so I can't comment on the claims that it doesn't prevent staining of your nails if using a darker shade but I'll make sure to give an update when I use something darker! 

This is most definitely my new go to nail varnish base coat and I can see it staying that way for the foreseeable future. If anyone has any other recommendations leave me a comment as I'm always looking for new products to try! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment