Homemade Rocky Road Fudge

Sunday 17 May 2015 ·


Despite trying to be as healthy as possible and not having snacks in the house (or not too many at least...) I still can't stop myself craving sweets! I'm standing strong and not letting myself have any in the week but at the weekend I let myself have a treat or two. This weekend I had a real urge to bake something so I took to Pinterest for some inspiration but instead of a baking recipe I instead couldn't resist the look of some fudge. 

Having never made fudge before I was intrigued as to how complex it was going to be but I was pleasantly surprised by just how simple it was and how few ingredients were needed. You can mix it up a lot with this recipe and add in whatever extras you like for example raisins, dried cranberries, honeycomb or biscuits - the options are endless! 


Ingredients

  • 215g sugar (granulated or caster) 
  • 2/3 cup fat free evaporated milk
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 340g plain chocolate
  • 1 cup marshmallows
  • 1 - 1.5 cup Malteasers 


Method

  1. Grease an 8x8 inch pan and line with greaseproof paper. 
  2. In a medium non-stick pan, mix together the sugar, evaporated milk and butter over a high heat until boiling and then reduce the heat to medium-low and stir constantly for about 3 minutes. 
  3. Add the chocolate and stir until completely melted and smooth and then remove from the heat. 
  4. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then mix in the marshmallows and Malteasers until evenly distributed and then transfer the mixture to the lined pan. TIP: You may want to cut the marshmallows in half so they're a little smaller. 
  5. Refrigerate until firm - at least 2 hours and then remove and cut into squares (this should make around 36 small squares. 
I hope that you enjoy this fudge as much as me! Let me know if you make it and if you add anything different in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment