Quick & Easy Overnight Oats

Sunday 24 May 2015 ·


Breakfast is one of those meals that I know is super important to fit in but at the same time it leaves me so utterly uninspired that sometimes I just don't fancy it. That was until I finally tried out overnight oats and yes I know that I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this and I have no excuse but my gosh am I glad I finally tried them! 

This is probably one of the easiest things to throw together for breakfast and my favourite bit? You can whip up a few batches of this on a Sunday evening and it'll last you throughout the week so you don't have to think about it again! On top of that it's incredibly versatile so you could never possibly get bored of it. 


This recipe is so easy it really doesn't need to be broken down into ingredients and method like I usually would. 

In an airtight container, simply combine together 1/2 cup rolled oats, 2/3 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk), 1/2 plain fat free greek yoghurt and 1/2 tsp honey and pop in the fridge overnight. 

The overnight oats alone are tasty but can get a little boring so this is where the fun comes in - the toppings. You could top your overnight oats with anything you can think of but some of my personal favourites are stewed apple, mixed berries, or if I'm feeling naughty then maybe a few chocolate chips! 

What is your favourite breakfast to whip up? Have you ever tried overnight oats and if so what do you like to add to it? 

Let me know if you try this out this week as I would love to hear what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment