Homemade Lemonade With A Twist

Saturday 21 February 2015 ·


Fizzy drinks are a real weakness for me and I've never managed to cut them out of my diet entirely despite knowing how bad they are for me. Plus on a hot summer afternoon nothing can beat a refreshing glass of iced lemonade! So in preparation for those summer months (that feel a million miles away at the moment!) I've been looking into homemade recipes for some fizzy drinks. 

This recipe for homemade peach lemonade is by far the best one I've found so far! It's incredibly easy and tastes fantastic! As peaches are currently out of season here I used tinned peaches (in juice not syrup) and despite it still being super tasty I can only imagine how good it will taste in the summer with 'proper' peaches. 

Ingredients

- 5/6 lemons
- 2 ripe peaches (or 1 tin, drained) 
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water (fizzy or sparkling, whatever you prefer)

Method

1. Pop the sugar and 1 cup of tap water in a pan over a medium heat and stir frequently until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and place to one side to cool. 

2. Now you need 1 cup of lemon juice. I recommend using the lemons when they are room temperature and rolling them on your work surface to loosen the flesh. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze as much juice as you can out of each lemon until you have 1 cup of juice. 

3. Place the peaches and lemon juice into a blender and blitz until you have a smooth consistency. 

4. Strain the peach & lemon mixture through a sieve to remove the pulp and place in a large jug along with the cooled sugar syrup. 

5. Add in still / sparkling water until the jug is full and there you have it - homemade peach lemonade! Serve over ice and enjoy! 

If you don't want to drink this straight away, simply put the peach & lemon mixture and sugar syrup into a sealed jar or bottle and refrigerate until you need it. 

If you decide to try this recipe yourself I'd love to see so please tag me in a picture on Instagram (@theopaldiary). 

No comments:

Post a Comment