Autumn Luxe: Home

Sunday 16 November 2014 ·

TIme for the third and final part of my first ever mini series and I think this might be my favourite one. Now don't get me wrong I love playing with my make-up, trying out new products and wrapping up in cosy accessories my favourite thing of all is always homeware, especially in autumn/winter. 

Autumn Lighting, Fairy Lights

First things first, and in my opinion the most important, mood lighting. Although I love a bit of mood lighting all year round it can be a little irrelevant in the summer months when it stays light until 10pm. So, the one and only thing I like about the shorter days at the moment is being able to get in from work and immediately switch on the fairy lights, lamps and light some candles. 

I absolutely love these little moroccan style star lights. The filigree type detailing would give off the most beautiful soft light. I actually have 2 sets very similar to these but they're spheres so maybe these will be next on my list. Buy here

This lamp is literally perfection for me, the dainty copper legs and plain shade remind of the typical Scandinavian style which I would love to emulate in my flat, unfortunately I like my knick knacks a bit too much to fully commit to the minimalist style. Buy here


Fighting for top spot in terms of importance has to be blankets and cushions to keep you cosy when it's dark outside and you're snuggled up on the sofa having a Harry Potter marathon with your fairy lights twinkling away. 

Any chunky knit blanket is ideal for this time of the year, not only do they look luxurious draped over the side of the sofa, they're also a whole new level of comfy! We have far too many blankets in our house as apparently I don't share... Buy here

In addition to my many other obsessions, I also have a soft spot for cushions believe it or not and I've been on the hunt for some cute festive ones for the upcoming festive period and this one is perfect! Buy here


Onto a couple of little more random things. As you may know by now, I adore baking - it's my favourite thing to do to relax, and baking at Christmas is probably the best as you do everything in adorable shapes! When it comes to shapes for biscuits you can't go wrong with a gingerbread man and I love that this one is copper. Buy here

Last but not least, a completely unnecessary item and yet one I just can't get out of my head. I adore this wooden tray from H&M. It would be perfect on my bedside table to hold some of my must have bits and pieces, so although it's really autumnal it's top of my current home wish list. Buy here

Is there anything you can't live without during autumn or can you just not wait until it's acceptable to make your home festive?

Make sure to check out the other installments of my autumn trilogy on beauty and fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment