Lazy Sunday Routine

Sunday 2 November 2014 ·

I love Sunday's as you need no excuse to do absolutely nothing, although having said that I always find that they go far too fast - is that just me? But anyway, Sunday is my favourite day of the week so I thought I'd share a little insight into what I like to get up to...

Typically I really struggle to sleep in at the weekends so I tend to just laze in bed for an hour (or 2...or 3...) before crawling out of my little duvet den! Usually I read my book in bed but inevitably I get distracted by Twitter, Instagram etc. 

When Matthew and I are both up and about is the point that the day begins to revolve around food starting with some form of cooked breakfast, whether that be bacon and hash browns or homemade pancakes - Sunday is NOT the day for a healthy breakfast in my books! 

Now is time for something a little more productive (until I get sucked in to playing on the PlayStation - yes that's right people I love a little bit of PlayStation) so I try and get the flat looking spotless as it makes the start of the week so much more bearable so out come the sexy rubber gloves! I'll also usually do some blog stuff, mainly taking photos because now the days are so short I pretty much can't take any in the week as I have no natural light when I'm home... :( 

Throughout all of this I'll probably be snacking away as I have pretty much no self control but one of my favourite lazy Sunday lunches is some crusty French bread, baked Camembert, pâté etc! It's very rare that I can be bothered to cook a full roast lunch although I do love them!

After this exhausting day... it's time for a long hot bath whilst I read my book. After which the only option is to snuggle up on the sofa in my new fluffy dressing gown and watch a film - I think 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' is on the cards this evening. 

Despite not doing a huge amount I really do love Sundays although there's always that bittersweet feeling as that gloomy Monday morning is looming over my shoulder!

What do you guys get up to on a Sunday?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment