What I'm Watching...

Friday 21 November 2014 ·

As the cold and dark nights have truly begun to settle in I've taken the opportunity more and more to turn to my laptop to snuggle up under a blanket and immerse myself in some new TV programmes and I am loving them! Keep reading if you're in need of a little inspiration!

Reign
I only discovered this a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Lily Melrose) and I immediately got hooked and have already run out of episodes! This is the story of the young Mary Queen of Scot's survival in the French court where she encounters love triangles, enemies and countless other obstacles. I love a historical drama and if, like me, you loved The Tudors then this is a must watch! 

Boardwalk Empire
This one may not be new to a lot of you as there was a huge amount of hype about this in the run up to the launch of Sky Atlantic in the UK. I however was a little slow to jump on the bandwagon and only really got into it a couple of months ago. This all revolves around gangsters, prohibition and politics - what's not to love?! It can be a little confusing at first but stick with it! 

Harry Potter
It's a tradition that every year, in the run up to Christmas, I watch all of the Harry Potter films. Everybody loves a bit of Harry Potter and it's got to be one of the best things to watch curled up on the sofa with a hot chocolate whilst the rain beats down on the windows. 

30 Rock 
If you're in need of a chuckle then I can't recommend this highly enough. Each episode is only 20 minutes long so I love to pop this on while I do my make up or while I cook dinner. Tina Fey and Alex Baldwin work so well together in this and I just can't resist it when I have a spare half an hour or so although be warned it can get addictive and you may have watched 3/4 episodes before you know what's happened! 

Revenge
Yet another programme I got utterly hooked on and have subsequently run out of episodes of, and again something people have raved about for years and I had previously ignored. The twists and turns in this series will keep you coming back for more, and there are more than a couple of characters that you may well fall in love with just a little bit... 

Downton Abbey
Last but not least, this one goes without saying and somehow I don't think any explanation is going to be necessary! This is pure, feel good television and essentially it has no flaws, I simply love it. It's always all anyone can talk about on Monday mornings so if you haven't already I think it's about time you caught up before the Christmas special! 

What have you been watching lately? Since I've run out of Reign, Revenge AND Downton Abbey I need some more recommendations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment